1. I can be a huge procrastinator.
2. Particularly if I feel a task might be difficult.
3. Or I don’t have enough time to do it “perfectly.”
4. Which would also make me a perfectionist, I guess.
5. But back to the procrastination. Case in point: this post.
6. It was supposed to be my 100th. It’s actually my 109th.
7. My tendency to procrastinate is one reason I love deadlines.
8. I’ve worked as a magazine editor, feature writer, freelance writer and public relations manager.
9. Although I didn’t start off on that path.
10. My parents felt my creativity should be channeled into a career where I could earn – you know – a real paycheck.
11. I began my freshman year of college in an honors economics program.
12. I had never taken an economics class in my life.
13. It was my written essay that got me into the program.
14. After one semester of econ, I realized I’d rather be poor and happy than rich and miserable.
15. I switched my major to English/journalism.
16. I left college after my sophomore year to work as an editor and finish my degree at night.
17. It was a great experience that allowed me to see the practical application of my education.
18. I met my husband when I was 20.
19. He was 30.
20. He didn’t know I was underage when he asked me out.
21. After he found out, he would call ahead to bars and tell them that he was bringing his girlfriend, she was underage, and she would not drink.
22. They never said no and I never drank.
23. We were engaged within 6 months of meeting each other.
24. We were married 6 months after that.
25. We’ve been married for 13 years.
26. We have three kids.
27. No, I don’t know if we’re done yet.
28. Yes, I realize I’d have to change the name of my blog.
29. I have a very low tolerance for pain.
30. When I was pregnant with my first, I had a friend convince me that natural childbirth was the way to go.
31. I religiously attended Bradley Method classes and dragged my husband along with me.
32. I even had a doula lined up for the birth.
33. The doctor discovered she was breech at 38 weeks.
34. I had to have a c-section.
35. God so knew what He was doing there.
36. I could never have withstood contractions.
37. I cried when they put the IV in.
38. I’ve had all three of our kids by c-section.
39. I’ve nursed all three for over a year.
40. “The Girls” reflect that fact.
41. I toy with the idea of a boob job, but I’m too big of a chicken.
42. I’m pretty sure it would involve an IV.
43. I am terrified of bugs.
44. Spiders, in particular, seem to know this and descend on me whenever possible.
45. I hate swallowing pills.
46. I love scrapbooking.
47. But since I discovered blogging, I've fallen a little behind on my albums.
48. I’m a morning person.
49. I used to teach aerobics classes at 6 a.m.
50. After 8:30 p.m., I’m really not that much fun to talk to.
51. I hate talking on the phone.
52. I agonize over most decisions.
53. I’m probably the only woman on earth who does not enjoy buying shoes.
54. Clothes, on the other hand, are a totally different story.
55. I have a Banana Republic addiction that I’m seeking help for.
56. My favorite TV show: What Not to Wear
57. Followed closely by: The Next Food Network Star
58. I’ve always wanted to have a cooking show of my own.
59. But I don’t consider myself a good cook.
60. I’m a good recipe follower.
61. There is a difference.
62. I love to read.
63. I’ve started turning the TV off and reading more.
64. My all-time favorite book is Jane Eyre.
65. I also love Rebecca, Memoirs of a Geisha and Redeeming Love.
66. I learned to snow ski and water ski in my 20s.
67. My husband loves to do both, and you either keep up or get left behind.
68. So, I do my best to keep up.
69. I love playing tennis.
70. Although it’s been a while since I’ve picked up a racket.
71. We live near a lake.
72. But I'm not really a strong swimmer.
73. However, I’m making sure my kids are.
74. Before kids, my husband and I lived in England for a year.
75. London is my favorite city in the world.
76. Sometimes I dream of retiring to the English countryside.
77. We visited eight different countries in Europe and Asia while living overseas.
78. I was born in New York and lived there for the first nine years of my life.
79. At one time, I had a very thick New York accent.
80. It has since been replaced with a Midwestern accent that sports an occasional Southern twang.
81. I love sweet tea.
82. I can’t sing, but wish I could.
83. I once joined a group called “Voices Anonymous,” for people who find themselves in that very predicament.
84. I've held real estate licenses in Michigan and Georgia.
85. Truth be told, I’m not much for pets.
86. We had a dog and, while I loved her like crazy, I’m not really in favor of getting another one.
87. I went to the very first Lollapalooza.
88. I don’t have a favorite color. I like them all.
89. I can be pretty naïve.
90. I once stopped drinking milk because someone told me milk production makes cows “lose their moo.”
91. I’m also a sucker for beauty products that promise to “reverse the signs of aging.”
92. I always know when I’m getting sick because my teeth get itchy.
93. I love Thai food.
94. And a good glass of Chardonnay.
95. I’m not a red wine kind of gal.
96. I never thought I’d be the kind of mom to drive a mini van.
97. We upgraded to a Honda Odyssey last year.
98. I will happily drive it until I die.
99. I'm a “weak” extrovert. I love meeting new people, but after a few hours, I need time to myself.
100. It took me more time to procrastinate writing this list than to sit down and actually write it.