Monday, March 31, 2008

Meme - Because I'm Too Tired for a More Coherent Post

It's the end of Spring Break Day One, and boy what a day it was. I'm wiped out and, quite honestly, too tired to recount the highlights (or the lowlights, for that matter). The condensed version is: cold, wet weather, no outdoor play possible, hectic lunch at Chic-Fil-A, visit to local toy store, lost digital camera, teething baby.

So, rather than dazzle you with the remaining details, I'm going to answer this meme posted by the housewife a few weeks ago. She offered it up as "bloggy fodder" for all and, after today, I'm jumping on it.

What I was doing 10 years ago: I was living with my husband on the outskirts of London (England). I traveled everywhere by foot, bike or train. I worked as an assistant editor for a Christian publication and also volunteered at a day center for those suffering from psychological disorders.

Five things on my to do list today:
1. Survive Spring Break Day Two
2. Wrap and mail birthday gifts
3. Pick up birthday gift for my sister
4. Have some crazy fun with my kids
5. Laundry, laundry and more laundry

Snacks I enjoy: Oven roasted garbanzo beans (these are THE best), chocolate chip cookies with milk, and chocolate (of course!)

Things I would do if I were a billionaire: I'd want to use the majority of the money to help make a difference in the lives of others, but I'd be lying if I told you I wouldn't do some world traveling and have a few crazy shopping sprees.

Three of my bad habits: Drinking too much caffeine, eating too much chocolate, being a standard 10 minutes late to everything (hey, cut me a break, I've got three kids!)

Five places I have lived: New York, Michigan, England, Georgia. That's it.

Five jobs I have had: Babysitter, receptionist, waitress, PR manager, magazine editor

For anyone else suffering from exhaustion and writer's block, I tag you!

1 comment:

Kate said...

That was a great post :-) I would love to know how you do the oven-roasted garbanzo beans. I love garbanzo beans! I occasionally toast them in a dry skillet with some spices (thanks to Rachel Ray) but I'd love to know how to do them in the oven too. Thanks...from one caffeine addict to another