Saturday, May 17, 2008

Menu Plan Monday: Summer Edition


Have you noticed all the great recipes floating around the blogosphere? Everyone's getting ready for summer, posting lots of recipes for the grill or light salads. I've got plenty of recipe links this week, but for some you might have to scroll down to find the recipe that I've listed, as there were several recipes included in one post. Maybe you'll stumble across something else you might like to make in the process.

In other news, Oprah had her Favorite Things Show on Friday, which has very little to do with Menu Plan Monday other than the fact that she shared the recipe for the World's Best Turkey Burger. I love turkey burgers and if Oprah says that Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago Turkey Burger is the best, then I've got to believe her. Unfortunately, I can't give you the Weber Grill that everyone in the audience got. But, I can provide the link to the recipe.

Tuesday: Dinner Out
Wednesday: Picnic in the Park -- Southwest Black Bean Salad, Cornbread, Fruit
Thursday: Oprah's Favorite Turkey Burger, Oven Fries, Peas
Friday: Asian Chicken, Brown Rice, Tossed Salad
Saturday: James Beard's Favorite Hamburger, Oven Fries, Salad
Sunday: Chicken Pineapple Fajitas, Brown Rice, Green Beans

If you're looking for an easy downloadable menu planner, you'll find a great one here.

For more great recipes and menu planning ideas, head on over to see Laura!

6 comments:

Oonie said...

You have to let us know how the turkey burgers are next week!

Anonymous said...

The recipes looks terrific! I'm not sure if the turkey burger would be my thing though -- I don't like to mix meat and fruit. I know, I know - it's a thing of mine. The Asian chicken and the salmon feta pasta and black bean salad all look incredble!

Sherry

http://frugaldomesticgoddess.blogspot.com/2008/05/menu-plan-monday-may-19th-edition.html

Anonymous said...

Definitely a couple in that list that I want to try. Thankyouverymuch.

Michelle@Life with Three said...

You are so welcome, Darcie! We had the Pineapple Chicken Fajitas tonight and they were delicious -- with a little kick!

Kristen said...

I'm going to try those fajitas next week. Sound yummy!

Unknown said...

That Salmon & Feta Pasta are going on my next weeks list! That looks DELICIOUS!

You'll have to let me know when you're traveling down this way to visit your Boca relatives. The Thai place we love really is sort of a hole in the wall, actually, but the food is *so* good. It's up here in the West Palm area so about 1/2 hour to 45 minute drive from Boca... maybe too far. The only reason we travel down that far is to go to the movies at the Muvico Premiere theater where the seats are like couches and you can bring martinis in. What's not to love about a movie and a martini??!