Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Putting the "Oh!" Back in H2O


Before I had kids, I was one of those annoying people who claimed caffeine had no effect on them. I would drink a cup of coffee and never notice the "burst of energy" everyone always claimed to get from that morning hit of caffeine.

Apparently, in my early years, I was the picture of well-rested, youthful exuberance.

But then, I had my first child -- the one who would wake up at 5:30 in the morning and refuse to go back to sleep.

It was during this dark period, I managed to rescue my coffeemaker from the depths of the pantry. I plugged it in and brewed myself a cup of warm, steaming goodness. And this time? You better believe I felt the difference. It was like an instant shot of energy. From that point on, I was hooked.

But lately, my coffee/caffeine consumption has gotten a wee-bit out of hand. When I took a moment to think about it, I realized caffeine was pretty much the ONLY liquid I was consuming, happily alternating between coffee and sweet tea from morning till night. (Read more at Chic Critique)