Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring Wardrobe Essential: The White Button-Down Shirt

Read any list of the “must-have” pieces every woman should have in her wardrobe and you’ll always find the white button-down shirt near the top.

But until recently, I never owned one.

The reason for this is two-fold.

First, I have young children. Wearing a crisp, white shirt is akin to wearing a sandwich board that screams, “Please, use me as your human hand towel for the day.”

Secondly, I’ve always considered buying a white shirt (and wearing one, for that matter), well…kind of boring. It’s so much more fun to buy a trendy peasant top or a spring sweater in a candy-colored hue. White shirt? Dull in comparison.

But a couple weeks ago, I finally picked one up. (read more at Chic Critique)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a model you are!!! :) I love my crisp white shirt, although mine isn't a button-down. It had a little fancy twist where it actually zipped up the side, but it was still a blouse with some stretch to it. OK, that sounds lame. but it's cool, I swear! :)

And what's this about the most stylish person you know -- who is Jane?!? What about your old friend Lori?!?!? She has a REALLY cool Bon Jovi shirt that rocks the earth!

Anonymous said...

Okay Michelle, listen. Try one of the iron-less shirts from either Talbots or Lands End. They wash well and stains just roll off practically. How about change the buttons to a color for fun? Just try it, on the days you know you are going to grocery shop or have a meeting.